Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW CAN I CREATE A PLAIN BOOK IN IPHOTO?

I AM TRYING TO CREATE A PHOTO BOOK IN IPHONE. I HAVE DONE IT A FEW TIMES BEFORE, BUT THIS TIME THE ONLY CHOICES OFFERED ARE TRAVEL BOOKS - THAT IS NOT WHAT I NEED.

iMac

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 8:18 PM

7 replies

Feb 16, 2015 11:03 AM in response to Old Toad

To reply to Old Toad --

Here is my situation -- I an working in OSX Version 10.8.5 IMac Early 2009.

I recently updated to "Mountain Lion". Would prefer not to update to Yosemite just yet.

My daughter advised me not to do that just yet - thinks it would cause me more problems than solving them.

I can't update my iPhoto without updating to Yosemite.

Trying to create a photo book of memories for my grandson's graduation.

The only options iPhoto is offering me are three travel books -- Old World Travel, Tropical Travel or Asian Travel -- none of these

is going to work for me. Not sure why iPhoto is limiting my options - I have created other books in the past.

Please help.

Thanks

Feb 16, 2015 11:35 AM in response to joanfrommarlboro

What version of iPhoto do you currently have installed on your Mac? If it's iPhoto 8 (09) or earlier to get iPhoto 9.xx you'll need to purchase a copy of the iLIfe 11 disk from a 3rd party retailer like Amazon.com or eBay.com. That will install iPhoto 9.0 and you can get to 9.4.3 vis these updaters:

1 - update to iPhoto 9.2.1

2 - update to iPhoto 9.3

3 - update to iPhoto 9.3.2

4 - update to iPhoto 9.4

5 - and finally to iPhoto 9.4.3

If you have 4 GB of RAM or more in you iMac (that model can take up to 8GB) you should be able to install Yosemite and run it OK. However, if you've run any "cleaning" or "optimizing" apps or installed any antivirus software I would strongly recommend you uninstall them according to the developer's instructions even if you don't upgrade to Yosemite.

HOW CAN I CREATE A PLAIN BOOK IN IPHOTO?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.