Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp - Windows 8 Not Finding ANY WiFi Networks

I just installed Windows 8 via Boot Camp. I cannot get WiFi to work. I don't have ethernet at home.

I opened Device Manager and clicked on network adapters. It listed Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet and said it was up to date.

What am I missing? Thank you!!!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Memory

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 10:04 PM

9 replies

Feb 16, 2015 4:29 AM in response to sumsette

On the OS X side, in About This Mac -> (More Info) -> System Report -> Hardware -> Ethernet Cards, there should be an entry similar to the following

User uploaded file

for the WiFi engine,

User uploaded file

Can you post screen shots of what you have?

Please be aware of the limitations of the 16.6.0.4b.

User uploaded file

What year/model is your iMac?

Interfaces:

en1:

Card Type: AirPort Extreme

Locale: FCC

Country Code: US

Feb 16, 2015 8:47 AM in response to sumsette

The BC drivers for your Mac are Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5640 from Boot Camp: System requirements for Microsoft Windows operating systems - Apple Support.

If you download the drivers from the 5.1.5640 link, look on the USB and you should see files highlighted in the attached screen shot. You can test the one appropriate for Win8-64-bit. These should also have been installed silently after the Windows installation was complete.

User uploaded file

Feb 16, 2015 9:42 AM in response to Loner T

Thank you! I did see those on my thumb drive. Do I just double click and open each one? Sorry for the noob question.

Before I went and downloaded the updated driver from the website, I kept trying to update the driver from files on my computer (including the USB) and it said everything was updated but there were absolutely no WiFi signals showing. I live in an apartment so there are TONS of WiFi options.

Boot Camp - Windows 8 Not Finding ANY WiFi Networks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.