Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I exported my iBook and got the .ibooks file on my Desktop(iMac Retina 5K), I tried to put the file into the iBooks application but I get a message that says "The file "______.ibooks" couldn't opened because it isn't in the correct format.

I exported my iBook and got the .ibooks file on my Desktop(iMac Retina 5K), I tried to put the file into the iBooks application but I get a message that says "The file "______.ibooks" couldn't opened because it isn't in the correct format. I took the same file and transferred it in my MacBook Air and was able to put it in the iBooks application no problem, the MacBook Air runs OS X v 10.9.5

Please advise as to Why it would work on an older OS X version as oppose to the newer OS X Yosemite

Thanks

JP

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Feb 15, 2015 11:45 PM

5 replies

Feb 16, 2015 3:50 PM in response to Tempy lyra

Thanks Lyra,

I may be doing something wrong because looking at the "Purchased" in iBooks I only see all the books that I actually purchased, none of the iBooks that I created in iBooks Author shows up. I can re-download all the iBooks I've purchased and some in iCouds, but the ones I've created in iBooks Author are no where to be found.

Any help is much appreciated,

Best Regards,

JP

I exported my iBook and got the .ibooks file on my Desktop(iMac Retina 5K), I tried to put the file into the iBooks application but I get a message that says "The file "______.ibooks" couldn't opened because it isn't in the correct format.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.