Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why i cant add phone number to my facetime

I want to add a phone number to my facetime but only email. How can i add a phone number not a email address?

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 4:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 9:44 AM

Hello Marechou,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like there’s an issue your phone number not being listed under FaceTime in Settings on your iPhone. Take a look at the article linked below and try the troubleshooting steps that it provides.

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage - Apple Support

Phone number missing on iPad or iPod touch

If your phone number isn't listed on an iPod touch or iPad, follow these steps:

1. Update to the latest version of iOS.
  2. Verify that you're using the same Apple ID that you're using on your iPhone.
  3. On your iPad or iPod touch, sign out of your Apple ID in the following locations:
    • Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
    • Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  4. Sign in to your Apple ID with FaceTime and iMessage.

If your phone number still isn't listed, follow these steps:

1. Sign out of your Apple ID on all iOS devices, including your iPhone, in the following locations:
  2. Sign in to your Apple ID on your iPhone.
  3. When activation is complete, your Apple ID and all verified email addresses should be visible in Settings > Messages > Receive At and Settings > FaceTime.
  4. Sign in to your Apple ID on your other iOS devices.

Take care,

-Jason

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2015 9:44 AM in response to Marechou

Hello Marechou,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like there’s an issue your phone number not being listed under FaceTime in Settings on your iPhone. Take a look at the article linked below and try the troubleshooting steps that it provides.

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage - Apple Support

Phone number missing on iPad or iPod touch

If your phone number isn't listed on an iPod touch or iPad, follow these steps:

1. Update to the latest version of iOS.
  2. Verify that you're using the same Apple ID that you're using on your iPhone.
  3. On your iPad or iPod touch, sign out of your Apple ID in the following locations:
  4. Sign in to your Apple ID with FaceTime and iMessage.

If your phone number still isn't listed, follow these steps:

1. Sign out of your Apple ID on all iOS devices, including your iPhone, in the following locations:
  2. Sign in to your Apple ID on your iPhone.
  3. When activation is complete, your Apple ID and all verified email addresses should be visible in Settings > Messages > Receive At and Settings > FaceTime.
  4. Sign in to your Apple ID on your other iOS devices.

Take care,

-Jason

Why i cant add phone number to my facetime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.