Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i connect my mac mini to a kvm switch using the hdmi to dvi adapter?

I want to connect my Mac Mini using the HDMI to DVI adapter to a KVM switch cable. I have an Iogear KVM switch. The cable from the KVM switch has a male VGA end connection. I have been trying to determine the right adapter to connect the female DVI connection to the male VGA connector. I will be using the Mac mini and a PC running through the KVM switch. This is doable as the iogear switch is compatible with both a PC and a Mac. Any ideas out there? Thank you.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 3:24 AM

2 replies

Feb 16, 2015 3:37 AM in response to imabuku99

You would need to get HDMI or DVI to VGA CONVERTER, not a simple adopter. The converter requires USP connection for power. HDMI is only digital while VGA is analogue.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812699001&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL 070414&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL070414-_-EMC-070414-Index-_-AudioVideoSplitters-_-126990 01-L019B

If your MIni has a mini displayport or Thunderbolt port yu can get a les expensive mini displayport to VGA afopter.

How do i connect my mac mini to a kvm switch using the hdmi to dvi adapter?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.