Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Made a mess with Migration Assistant, Two user accounts. Help!

I got a new MacBook Pro Retina with Yosemite. Tried to use migration assistant to take files from my old 2008 MacBook (I only wanted photos, videos, music and documents - no applications, etc). After an excrutiatingly long time, I've made a mess of my new MacBook Pro. I now have two user accounts with my name. How do I delete the second? I have tried going into system preferences > users and push the delete key. This DOES NOT work! It makes that ping noise. I am computer slow so please help me with step by step directions on how to delete the extra user.
Also, I have now realized that this awful new MacBook Pro Retina has no disc drive and I have a 2008 Microsoft word CD I want to install. What can I do here?

For the record, I'm hating this new computer.

Thank you guys!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 7:38 AM

6 replies

Feb 16, 2015 7:48 AM in response to daniellea2006

Make sure you are not logged into the account you are trying to delete. Log into the account you are wanting to keep and make sure it is set as an administrator account. Then you should be able to remove the secondary account. If that still doesn't work then check to see if the little pad lock in the lower left hand corner of System Preferences is unlocked.

Made a mess with Migration Assistant, Two user accounts. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.