Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i get the error when i attempt to send eamil: the user name or password for SMTP:r**@mei******.com@smtpout.secureserver.net is incorrect. i have the same setting on my ipad and and can send email with no problems

i get the error when i attempt to send email:

the user name or password for SMTP:r**@mei******.com@smtpout.secureserver.net is incorrect.

i have the same setting on my ipad and and can send email with no problems

iPhone 3G

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 7:29 AM

3 replies

Mar 21, 2017 6:41 PM in response to rodmeier

Hi.

i just spent 9 days cussing & trying to figure this out for my iphone.

Email worked on my pc via outlook and direct access using web mail via browser.

It finally worked once i used a password that did not contain a special character.

i used a caps + lowercase + numeric mix; evidently this restriction only impacts smtpout server; not incoming imap or pop servers.

hope this helps.

Feb 17, 2015 10:50 AM in response to rodmeier

Hey rodmeier,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you are not able to send email from the iOS device but you can with another iOS device. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Get help with Mail on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1. Log in to your email provider's website to make sure that the account is active and the password is correct.
  2. Make sure your settings are correct using Mail Settings Lookup.
  3. Restart your iOS device.
  4. Delete the affected email account from your device.
    1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
    2. Tap the affected email account.
    3. Tap Delete Account.
    4. Add your account again.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

i get the error when i attempt to send eamil: the user name or password for SMTP:r**@mei******.com@smtpout.secureserver.net is incorrect. i have the same setting on my ipad and and can send email with no problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.