Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth device loses connection

I have a bluetooth trackpad that started to lose it's connection and now loses the connection all the time? What causes this and what can be done?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 2.7 Ghz 16GB RAM

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 7:47 AM

6 replies

Feb 16, 2015 9:02 AM in response to curly1

I certainly don't know nor understand why it is, but there seems to be some link in the fact that I left an old wired mouse plugged in after I used it to deal with the connection problem with the wireless trackpad and for now the Bluetooth vanishing connection seems to have stopped-or it has for now at any rate. Obviously this isn't a suitable solution, but for now, it seems to be working.

Feb 16, 2015 9:30 AM in response to curly1

Rather than worry about what a "lot" of other people have done, I suggest you reset the PRAM. It takes (maybe) 45 seconds and does not hurt anything (and might help). If it does not help, you are certainly no worse off.....

As you note from my points, I have been doing this a long time and resetting certain things frequently fixes odd BT problems

Barry

Feb 20, 2015 9:31 AM in response to curly1

I don’t know if this is a solution that’ll work for everybody, but last night I installed fully charged batteries into my track pad when the Mac was off and then turned it on and voila the bluetooth dropout is gone. For how long or if it’s permanent I, of course, can’t say, but it’s working for now.

Bluetooth device loses connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.