Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes icon is wrong on my taskbar.

I am running Windows 7 and installed the newest update about a week ago. It's been like this since the update.

Whether it's pinned to my task-bar or not, it isn't the iTunes logo. I know i can change it in properties but whenever i click on something in properties it says "Windows can't find the file

%SystemRoot%\Installer\{0225AD21-F3E2-4916-BFF3-65D3F9052582}\iTunesIco.exe."

It'll bring up the icons and the iTunes one isn't in there.

I have re-installed it and repaired it but nothing has changed.

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 9:04 AM

5 replies

Feb 17, 2015 4:05 AM in response to MintiPod

😟

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

If the advice above doesn't resolve things you could try this alternate version:

iTunes 12.1.0.71 for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) - itunes64setup.exe (2015-01-28)

which is a 64-bit installer for the 32-bit version of the core application, similar to previous 64-bit releases.

Or roll back to the previous build:

tt2

iTunes icon is wrong on my taskbar.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.