Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FILE MEDIA MISMATCH

I have a large FCP 7 project with media on three 2TB-hard drives. I have tried to back up the media & project files by cloning all 3 of the drives. Now when I try to open the cloned project on the cloned drives, all audio files are disconnected.

When I try to use Media Reconnect, I can locate the disconnected audio file but Final Cut gives me the warning:
_____

Some attributes of one or more of the files you have chosen do not match the attributes of the original. This may cause problems within the sequences that are dependent upon them. The attributes that are different are as follows:

-Media Start and End

-Rate

Would you like to try to connect them again?

CONTINUE TRY AGAIN

____

When I opt for TRY AGAIN, nothing happens. When I opt for CONTINUE, I can force the files to reconnect with the media but just as promised in the alert, the sequences are out of synch.

I have compared the cloned and the original audio files and there appears to be no difference whatsoever. The original project opens just fine on the original drives.

HELP!

Final Cut Pro 7, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 11:52 AM

4 replies

Feb 17, 2015 1:48 PM in response to MariaGargiulo

Hello MariaGargiulo,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your Final Cut project. If you are having issues moving or backing up/duplicating your project files, you may find the information and links in the following article helpful (apologies if you have already seen it):

Final Cut Pro X: Backing up, consolidating, and moving projects - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

FILE MEDIA MISMATCH

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.