Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 vs Mac Wifi Speeds

Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone knows why my iPhone 6 and iMac (late 2012) have different speeds on the same n-type 2.4GHz network (the router is only capable of 2.4GHz, so there is no automatic switching happening). I would have thought that the speeds would be similar, unless there was a hardware issue?

Can't seem to find an answer to this.

Thanks in advance.

P

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 10:25 AM

3 replies

Feb 16, 2015 1:02 PM in response to Ingo2711

This makes no sense to me. What has RAM or HD read speed got to do with wifi connection? Unless you're saying there could be some internal interference? I should have put in the original post that the iMac has a download speed nearly twice that of the iPhone (66Mbps iMac vs 34 Mbps iPhone 6). My question is why would the iPhone speeds be half of of a 2 year old iMac?

iPhone 6 vs Mac Wifi Speeds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.