Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone shows up as a portable device with a blue camera logo instead of the Apple device/model with the appropriate device image (mine used to show a Black iPhone 5s)

Hi,

I've recently done a complete format of my OS and reinstalled it. I reinstalled all the drivers etc. such as the USB drivers/controllers and the new iTunes12. To confirm I have tried everything from this article (iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support) along with my general knowledge and understanding of PC's but this one has stumped me.

Prior to my OS reinstall, My iPhone 5s used to show up as the appropriate device under "My computer" with the image being a Black iPhone 5s.

After the fresh install of Windows 7 and the drivers and iTunes12 I now have the problem of my iDevice showing as a blue camera as a "portable device".

If anyone can offer some advice or has come across this problem before it would be much appreciated if you could help me fix this problem. Here's a photo attachment to help you understand the issue (Ignore the names of the devices on each, I got both these images from the net).

User uploaded file

Kind regards

Struthers88

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 12:31 PM

3 replies

Feb 19, 2015 4:20 AM in response to Struthers88

im not sure this is related but on my mac my various iPhones would show up in a similar way if i had photos on the phone that needed to be imported to the mac - i dont know what application is used on a PC to import photos (and there may be a setting in iTunes to automatically import them when the iPhone is connected to the PC)

I know Dropbox offers to import photos every time i connect my Iphone to my mac - but if dismiss the offer iTunes comes up with the iPhone listed properly

but if you do have photos on the Iphone that have not yet been imported to the PC you might try importing them and see if that helps

My iPhone shows up as a portable device with a blue camera logo instead of the Apple device/model with the appropriate device image (mine used to show a Black iPhone 5s)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.