Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I rec'd an alert that my "Apple ID and phone no. are now being used for iCloud on a new iPhone." I am not using iCloud and I don't have a new iPhone. Is this something to worry about?

I rec'd an alert that my "Apple ID and phone no. are now being used for iCloud on a new iPhone." I am not using iCloud and I don't have a new iPhone. Is this something to worry about?

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2015 6:27 AM

Howdy Libbidydooda,

There are a couple of possibilities that may apply to the email you have received regarding your Apple ID. The first is that the email may be a legitimate warning that your Apple ID has been compromised. For this reason I would suggest that you change the password to your Apple ID as soon as possible. Use the instructions on this page -

Apple ID: Changing your password - Apple Support

In order to increase security for your Apple ID you may want to set up and use two-step verification. See this article for information about it -

Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

The second possibilty is that the email is an attempt at "phishing" in order to get you to reveal personal information. Typically this is done with an email that looks like it comes from an official source but has links to web pages that, while they may look like they are real, may actually be gathering your information for use by others. This article has more information about phishing -

Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

For this reason it is important that you do not follow any links in the email, as they may compromise your security.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2015 6:27 AM in response to Libbidydooda

Howdy Libbidydooda,

There are a couple of possibilities that may apply to the email you have received regarding your Apple ID. The first is that the email may be a legitimate warning that your Apple ID has been compromised. For this reason I would suggest that you change the password to your Apple ID as soon as possible. Use the instructions on this page -

Apple ID: Changing your password - Apple Support

In order to increase security for your Apple ID you may want to set up and use two-step verification. See this article for information about it -

Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

The second possibilty is that the email is an attempt at "phishing" in order to get you to reveal personal information. Typically this is done with an email that looks like it comes from an official source but has links to web pages that, while they may look like they are real, may actually be gathering your information for use by others. This article has more information about phishing -

Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

For this reason it is important that you do not follow any links in the email, as they may compromise your security.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.