Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5s suddently shut down at 32%

Hi I have an iphone 5s running ios 8.1.1 and i have a problem since a few hours.my phone suddently shuts down at 32% battery with no loading circle or anything like that.it just turns off.I didn't have this problem before but I want to mention that I if keep the phone to a heat source it work till 11%(then I had access to a charger and i plug in) like i was in the car and I keept it at the output of the AC and it worked but when it cool down it shuts down.then I charged it till 60% cuz i was in a hurry and againe at 32% this time listening music it shut down againe.when I try to power on it simply shuts down after the apple boot logo just befor getting on lock screen if not keept at a heat source like an hairblower of something like that.

Please help , regards Alex

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.1, battery replaced before christmas

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 2:32 PM

3 replies

Feb 17, 2015 2:52 PM in response to Djabula

Hello Djabula,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your iPhone is randomly, unexpectedly shutting down and how frustrating situations like this can be. In this situation, to troubleshoot, I would suggest reading over and working through the attached article.

If your iOS device restarts, displays the Apple logo, or powers off while you're using it - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Feb 17, 2015 5:25 PM in response to Djabula

You could read that whole thread but if you battery is dieing at 36% I am pretty sure in my experience this is a worn out battery issue, most iphone fixits will charge about 20 - 30 bucks for a new battery or indeed you can google the instruction and change it yourself i have done a few 4s with no trouble never have done a 5 i hear the original battery is glued in as bit more but not impossible to remove, anyways new battery and stop wasting time.

You can try all the calibrating instruction but i have never found that it works.

iphone 5s suddently shut down at 32%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.