Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you find wifi network security key?

How do you find the wifi network Security Key? Not password --- KEY?

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2017 6:17 AM

I'm trying to use iPhone for wifi for my laptop. It asks for network key. Not my 4 digits. I tried apple password. That is not it ??

10 replies

Apr 15, 2017 8:36 AM in response to Bob Timmons

The OP is not asking for wireless network password or base station password that is 26 - 32 characters maximum ( punctuations , characters , can be numbers all are included in 32 characters ) .

The screen shot shows pre shared key for base station name ( shown with red arrow ) I have hide it for security reason and this lengthy alfa numeric key is auto generated by internet service provider to the user .

User uploaded file

Apr 15, 2017 7:41 AM in response to tygb

The 64 character "key" is not going to help the vast majority of users who can only input a password or passkey of up to about 26-32 characters maximum. Very few wireless devices will allow a 64 character "key" to be typed in.

As you know, none of the Macs or Apple devices will allow any more than 32 characters

Do you have any devices that will allow a 64 character "key" to be typed in? If so, what are they?

Feb 16, 2015 1:56 PM in response to jmem49

The "key" is probably totally useless to you, since it is 64 characters long and very few things will accept an item of this length.

If you have an Apple AirPort router, we can tell you how to find the "key" for the network that it is creating, if you can tell us what operating system your Mac is using.

Most manufacturers use the term "key" to mean the normal wireless network password, which is also known as passkey.

how do you find wifi network security key?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.