Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Disc Installation

I need to install a final cut disc on new computer, but I don't have a disc drive. what do I do?

OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 5:02 PM

1 reply

Feb 16, 2015 6:54 PM in response to bmeere

Get an Apple USB Superdrive. Do take note of the Mac computers that it is compatible with (yours may or may not be, your profile did not indicate what model Mac you have).

Alternatively, if you have another Mac that has a CD/DVD drive, you can share that drive and access it from your new Mac.

However, I do not recommend installing Final Cut Express on a Yosemite (10.10.x) Mac. FCE was discontinued in June 2011, even before Lion (10.7) was released. It is obsolete and no longer supported. Final Cut Pro X is the currently released & supported product.

Final Cut Disc Installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.