Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Citrix Bluetooth mouse

I am using my new ipad air2 for wok with citrix. The screen would be so much easier to use if I had a bluetooth mouse (in addition to the bluetooth keyboard I use).

With citrix, the option for a cursor or mouse is available, but when employing the mouse (which I must do because many commands require right clicks) the mouse impairs the screen view. I have read the ipad is not compatible with bluetooth mouse, but is apple considering making this change with next software update? If so, which mouse would be compatible?

Thx.

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 10:37 PM

6 replies

Feb 17, 2015 1:58 AM in response to Rocker77777

When you have a Citrix application open such as Microsoft Word there is a 'Bluetooth Pair' button in the drop down box at the top. This will only work with other Apple devices such as iPhones/iPads, to use this you will need to download Citrix receiver on your iPhone/iPad navigating to Settings>Advanced>Wireless Trackpad so long as you have clicked 'Pair' on your iPad Air 2 it will then find your iPhone/iPad and you can use that as a trackpad. I have used this and it is surprisingly good and makes the functionality of the apps a lot easier to use. Unfortunately you can only use other IOS mobile devices as a trackpad, the Citrix app doesn't support a normal mouse/trackpad etc.

Please ensure Bluetooth is enabled on both devices for this to work.

You need to have at least an iPhone 4s or above to use as a trackpad.

Jul 1, 2015 10:23 AM in response to Rocker77777

I bought the Citrix X1 mouse and it works with any of the Citrix apps (I use Citrix Receiver for iPad 3 and iPhone 6). It works very well and easy to setup. iOS (has of 8.3) has no native mouse support. The mouse works great with iPad but only worked once with the iPhone (I know the mouse is connected on the iPhone however the mouse cursor seems to be invisible)

I bought it here for $60 plus shipping and tax.

Citrix Bluetooth mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.