Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not acknowledging iPhone

when I plug my phone in, my computer acknowledges that it is plugged in, however iTunes not does therefore I am unable to sync. I have never had this problem before, but this is the first time trying to sync my phone since downloading the new iTunes so that may have something to do with it.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 9:20 PM

9 replies

Feb 18, 2015 8:49 PM in response to CarlAVII

Have followed every single step ... several times ... and none of the Apple-recommended solutions work. You can install/uninstall/reinstall and update drivers all day long. You can replace USB cables forever. But ITunes simply no longer recognizes devices after this most recent update. Apple tech services present no solutions either and appear to be as baffled as anyone about this. Expect a "fix" in about six months or a year in Apple fashion, but meanwhile sync requires a separate non-Windows 8.1 PC.

Feb 19, 2015 9:26 AM in response to Hedge1970

Same here, on Windows 8.1. All was well (well, as "well" as could be with this clunky piece of software), and then I foolishly installed the new version today. Now, I repeatedly get the dreaded "Trust this computer?" message, and iTunes won't recognize my iPhone 6 Plus.

Do they not bother to try out their software before they release it?

Sheesh....

Feb 24, 2015 5:23 PM in response to shelbywithquestion

i have been having the same issue, also since i downloaded the iTunes update the other day. I uninstalled and re-installed iTunes and there has been no change. I get the trust this computer? question over and over again. I followed all the apple suggestions and there has been no change. Ahppens with two different iPhones, one a 5 the other a 6. I also can't connect to the store or log in with my apple ID.

Feb 25, 2015 10:15 AM in response to amandamarie78

I got it fixed on my computer, by uninstalling and re-installing iTunes.

The trick, I think, is that you have to remove "related" software, which involves uninstalling (and, in some cases, manually deleting) other pieces of software. When I followed Apple's directions at:Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

it worked just fine.

It seems that this shouldn't have happened, but I guess it's pretty much par for the course for this clunky piece of software.

iTunes not acknowledging iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.