Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extremely slow load time

I keep my FCPX, Motion, and Compressor up to date, but haven't used compressor in a few months. I tried to use it today and it took more than 2 minutes to load from a SSD in my 2008 MP running OSX 10.10.2. Just putting a file into the program takes several minutes too.

I thought it might be a screwed up set-up so I tried to remove it and reinstall it today. I deleted the program in the Applications directory and the Compressor directory under Library > Application > Application Support. However, it seemed to be just as slow when I tried to open it.

Any ideas on what to do or how to fix this problem are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 7:39 PM

4 replies

Feb 16, 2015 8:20 PM in response to Russ H

Those are good questions.

I didn't think this was relevant, but perhaps it is just so: I use Carbon Copy Cloner to copy the entire Crucial 512GB SSD to a 1TB disk drive in Bay 1 each night. When I deleted the program and the Compressor directory in Library and then emptied the Trash. I found that when I opened The Apple Store and went to Installed programs and clicked on Compressor, I didn't get the Install option, I got the Open option. This made me realize that it found the copy of the program on the CCC'd drive. So, I then rebooted and unmounted the disk drive and this time I was able to Install the program.

I have not experienced any other problems with the SSD. I've used a few Adobe CS5.5 programs like Premiere Pro, Microsoft Office programs like Word, PowerPoint and Excel, Avid MC, Sibelius and Finale, and FCPX. They all perform better than when I used a hard drive to boot.

In response to your questions: I have the Crucial 512GB SSD (I think it was MX100) on an Apricorn Velocity Solo X2 in slot 2. All four drive bays are filled with 2TB drives except Bay 1, which has the aforementioned 1TB CCC drive. I have not yet tried creating a new user, but I will get to that.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Extremely slow load time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.