Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 12.1 not syncing reading recognizing calendars or new events

iTunes 12.1.0.71 cannot read my calendars in Outlook 2010 Windows 8.1 64 bit. I contacted Microsoft, they said to contact Apple. I spoke to Apple 2/13/15 and someone said there's an issue with the 64 bit with this version of itunes. Any new events created on Outlook or Apple Calendar is not syncing, only the older events. I know it's not Microsoft's issue as my Ipad Air will show the same exact data is my Iphone 6 Plus. Also see below, how I've narrowed it down to the problem being with iTunes.

MAJOR ISSUE: After hours of working on this, the issue is clear iTunes is not reading Outlook calendar. I tested this by deleting 1 of my calendars and consolidating 2 of them, and then changing the name. After opening iTunes it still shows my "old" calendars and even after syncing it still syncs the "old" calendars. There are other posts online with people complaining about the same issue with outlook 2013.

I don't want to have the hassle of downgrading as I don't know what sites to trust.

CONTACTS ARE FINE

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3, Outlook 2010

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 10:30 PM

5 replies

Feb 17, 2015 12:06 AM in response to KCIIS

ACTUALLY CONTACT ARE NOT FINE!

Replacing information on this iPhone with Outlook is OK. New contacts is loaded.

Here's the issues:

1. Any new contact from IPhone is hit and miss into Outlook.

2. Any changes to existing contacts from iPhone is never changed.

3. Any new contact in Outlook to IPhone is synced.

4. Sometimes it'll say "iTunes could not sync contacts to the iPhone ..... because the iPhone disconnected" when it is not disconnected.

5. Sync can take more than 5 minutes to complete even if there was only 1 change.

All these issues I've tried closing and restarting Outlook, iTunes, and even my computer!

Also, I forgot to mention in my first post, I also did a factory reset on my iPhone and well and uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes.

In the meantime, I'm using a new app called DejaOffice or CompanionLink and taking their trial period. However, careful for the duplicates!

Apple, please fix this ASAP!

Feb 18, 2015 10:56 PM in response to KCIIS

Thanks flyfishermann. I have not tried reinstalling the previous version of iTunes, as I'm on vacation now. I have been using a 3rd party app, and it seems to be good for now. I'm bypassing Apple's calendar and contacts all together, and then pushing it from the 3rd party app to Apple. However, I did notice that apple released an update to the newest 12.1.1.4, and it even said that it fixed the issues with syncing contacts and calendars with Outlook. I got really excited, I updated it, but NOPE, didn't work! I uninstalled, reinstalled, NOPE didn't work! It still shows my old calendars, not my newest one. I tried syncing the "all calendars" but to no avail.

APPLE PLEASE FIX THIS!

Feb 19, 2015 5:37 AM in response to KCIIS

I installed 12.1.1.4 last night, without uninstalling 12.0.1.26 first. Although there is still no iTunes Outlook add-in listed in the COM add-ins in Outlook as there always had been with prior versions of iTunes, my calendars and contacts ARE being synced in both directions - changes made on either my phone or iPad are being synced to Outlook on my desktop, and changes made in Outlook are updating the phone or iPad.

For reference, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, iOS 8.1.3 and Office 2013.

Don't know if you have tried this, but it may be worth the attempt: Follow this link for steps to completely uninstall iTunes and all components, then try installing 12.1.1.4 again.

Good luck, hope this helps!

Mar 2, 2015 8:43 AM in response to flyfishermann

The difference I see is that you are using Office 2013, while KCIIS is using Office 2010.

I have exactly the same problem for my dad. He has Office 2010 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bits. He upgraded to itunes 12.1.1.4 and lost his calendar sync with Outlook 2010. Contacts seem to work fine though.

The issue is that the sync takes a very long time in the calendar sync part, but actually never works.

I confirm that iTunes cannot read the Outlook calendars, as when you add a new calendar in Outlook 2010, it never shows up in the choices of which calendar to sync in iTunes.

A real bug, Apple please fix this !

itunes 12.1 not syncing reading recognizing calendars or new events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.