Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dfw restore?

since I first started using my ipod touch, I've noticed that it freezes a lot in the preferences pane (specifically when I tried to delete more than 2 apps at once). when Apple Bay St did diagnostic testing, it stated that there were 35 memory issues, so we did a DFW Restore. Since then, my iPod Touch has been having many crashes (it crashed 4 times while watching a recorded show with X1 alone, and while running a diagnostic test apple sent me via email today!) it also stopped responding to my touch in the mail app, but I was able to get back home. I have yet to see it get to a point that it ends up rebooting on its own, but I just don't understand why it does crash nearly 10 fold since before the DFW on Saturday. One major issue I've had since I took it out of the box is that when I updated my apple ID like specified to, my iPod made a major typo that I didn't catch until after the iPod was setup completely, and I'm unable to get my account unblocked because I never received a password reset email, and iForgot says my birthdate is invalid too! while I was in the process of getting genius bar assistance, I got applecare because this ipod seems much worse than my 2nd gen ipod touch has been since it was replaced in 2010. Should I try to get a replacement iPod, or is there something I can do before wednesday at 3:10 pm (I'm taking it in to a genius at the SF store this time, and bringing my laptop with my iTunes library on my FW 400 drive)... Thanks!

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.3, 5th Gen Slate Blue 64 GB model

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 10:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 1:31 AM

When you restore the iPod to factory settings/new iPod, especially from DFU mode and still have problems that indicates a hardware problem with your iPod. Sounds like a few bad memory or storage bits.

All you can do i pursue it with the Apple store. If within warranty and not abused Apple should exchange it at no cost

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2015 1:31 AM in response to Arhsmacdude

When you restore the iPod to factory settings/new iPod, especially from DFU mode and still have problems that indicates a hardware problem with your iPod. Sounds like a few bad memory or storage bits.

All you can do i pursue it with the Apple store. If within warranty and not abused Apple should exchange it at no cost

Feb 22, 2015 11:12 PM in response to lllaass

well, I did that, and got it replaced for free. I am still seeing some apps crashing, but its not like the first one ever was. the only problem I had with the second one is that it took 21 hours for it to fully restore from the backup on my mac. it wouldn't restore properly from iCloud because I'm locked out of my itunes account until I can get a serial number from my iBook G4 (if I still have it somewhere...)! the strange thing that ended up happening when I tried restoring from the iCloud backup was that it was asking me for passwords to previous owners' accounts (there were 4 email addresses I had never seen before!) why would it do that?

Mar 2, 2015 2:52 PM in response to lllaass

when I tried restoring from my iCloud backup, it asked me to log in to the iTunes accounts that were associated with the backup it made. it was asking me for some accounts that were not associated with the backup I made. this happened during the initial setup process when it gave me the choice of setting up as new, restore from iTunes Backup, or restore from iCloud's Backup... is that normal?

dfw restore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.