Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Control mode option greyed out in Screen Sharing

Hi,

I have a macbook with Yosemite and I was trying to connect to a friend's macbook also with Yosemite on it. However, it would only let me stay in Observer Mode and not switch to Control Mode. The option is greyed out. I've tried Googling the answer, but no luck. Any thoughts?

Thanks

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 1:26 AM

5 replies

Feb 17, 2015 8:20 AM in response to sjbiker

That is true, but did you not imply that you wanted to control his computer, and with his consent I hope? If you do activate it, you must remember to deactivate it when you are finished before he ventures into the public domain with his Mac. This we normally only do behind a Firewall Router where only the essential ports are open. Of course it goes without saying that the security settings on the Mac is set adequately for this scenario.

Have fun

Leo

Feb 17, 2015 8:31 AM in response to Leopardus

Hi Leo,

Ya I do want to control his computer. Thank you for your explanation. It does make sense. I usually use TeamViewer to remotely control computers (with people's consent), but I thought this may be easier. It looks like there are a few roadblocks that I did not expect to run into, but it is making more sense now.

Thanks again!

Control mode option greyed out in Screen Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.