Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 screen wearing off and battery doesn't work properly.

I've started having this issue almost from the start. It's wearing off from the bottom right side of the phone and even my battery drains faster + the bar shows wrong percentage. My phones warranty is also void now + I couldn't take it to the Apple Store for replacement cause there's no Apple store in my country. anyway my bro is going to Norway after 2weeks so he'll take my phone to the Apple Store to see if they'll fix it for free or replace the device. Do you guys think if they will resolve the issue?

If not i don't think ill buy anything from apple again, my friends also had this problem But if they do resolve it i will be really greatful of them.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 12:16 AM

1 reply

Feb 17, 2015 12:32 AM in response to siavashkhn

First, the phone can only be serviced in the country where it has been bought. And, given the age and use of the phone, it might be time to get the battery replaced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider. If your device is out of warranty, Apple will not replace it for free, you'll have to pay the Out-Of-Warranty-Service fee:

My iPhone is not eligible for warranty service. What are my service options?

Apple offers service options for an iPhone that is not eligible for warranty service.

1. Battery Replacement ServiceIf your iPhone requires service due to the battery's diminished ability to hold an electrical charge and it is not covered under Apple's warranty or statutory consumer rights, please contact your carrier or refer to the Battery Replacement Service information.
  2. Out-of-Warranty ServiceIf you own an iPhone that is ineligible for warranty service but is eligible for Out-of-Warranty (OOW) Service, Apple will service your iPhone for the Out-of-Warranty Service Fee listed below.
    Model Out-of-Warranty Service
    iPhone 6 Plus NOK 3,090.75
    iPhone 6 NOK 2,790.75
    iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c,
    iPhone 5
    NOK 2,490.75
    iPhone 4s NOK 1,890.75
    iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS NOK 1,490.75
  3. The Out-of-Warranty Service Fee includes a NOK 100.75 shipping fee, which applies only if service is arranged through Apple and requires shipping. All fees are in Norwegian krone and include VAT. iPhone Out-of-Warranty Service may also be available from your wireless carrier. Pricing may vary.

How much does iPhone Battery Replacement Service cost?

Service arranged through Apple costs NOK 729.00. A NOK 100.75 shipping fee will be added if this service requires shipping. All fees are in Norwegian Krone and include VAT. If you purchased your iPhone directly from your wireless carrier, contact your carrier for battery replacement pricing.

How do I arrange iPhone Battery Replacement Service?

If you purchased your iPhone directly from Apple, contact Apple. If you purchased your iPhone directly from your wireless carrier, contact your carrier. Please do not send any accessories with your iPhone.

copied from Service Answer Center - iPhone /Norway

iPhone 5 screen wearing off and battery doesn't work properly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.