Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

total crash yosemite

it is my first experience with mac. I bought a mac mini last year (warranty just ended few days ago). I intalled the latest update of yosemite 10.10.2 a week ago, and my problems started with the browser and the iphoto,

my timemachine crashed yesterday, today my mac mini crashed totaly.

I am trying to restore to factory, but it wont let me due a mysterious error of hd.

can anyone guide me what to do please?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 4:55 AM

5 replies

Feb 18, 2015 10:36 AM in response to Roland73

Roland73,

While I understand your warranty period has ended and you are on your own now the following information may help down the road.

Anytime within the first year of ownership (the warranty period) you are eligible to purchase AppleCare. If you wait one day too late, you are out of luck to buy it! AppleCare extends the warranty from 1 year to 3 (total) years and also provides 3 years of telephone support. Many experienced users (including myself) would not be caught dead without AppleCare. To-date I have never had a repair that was needed however AppleCare has provided me with the peace of mind to get help if I needed it. In addition, the cost in relation to your investment is relatively modest.

As mentioned it's too late for your current Mac however on your next Apple device you may want to consider it. If you are interested in reading more about it, here is the link: http://www.apple.com/support/products/

Feb 19, 2015 1:49 AM in response to Roland73

Start internet recovery again. However, instead of trying to do an install,

open Disk Utility and see if the drive shows up there. If it doesn't, then

the hard drive is likely dead. If it does, select the drive, not any possible

listed volumes under it, and do a repair disk. Then you may want to

try to repartition and if successful, then try a reinstall of OS X.

You may want to try the hardware test, to make sure there isn't a logic board failure.

Power down, then power up holding down the D key before any screen shows up.

total crash yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.