Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my japanese macbook pro (late 2011) physical keyboard does not match with the on screen japanese keyboard in windows 8.1 so does caps lock

I am using windows 8.1 pro on my Japanese macbook pro (Late 2011) and enabled japanese language but the problem is that when i press caps lock (lower left corner) it changes the input method from english to japanese. I checked my on screen keyboard (OSK) in windows and its different from my physical keyboard i.e. keys are different on my physical keyboard compared to OSK. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Tenadona

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Using windows 8.1 with boot camp

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 3:33 AM

29 replies

Feb 18, 2015 6:12 AM in response to Tenadona

Can I suggest the following articles, which are worth reviewing?

Boot Camp: About keyboards and key assignment for Microsoft Windows - Apple Support

Boot Camp: Apple Wireless Keyboard keyboard mapping in Windows - Apple Support

Boot Camp: Windows commands on an Apple keyboard

Windows does require language packs to be installed, if you want the physical keyboard to match the on-screen keyboard.

Feb 19, 2015 12:43 AM in response to Loner T

Thank you Loner!

In fact after installing japanese language pack my display language changed to japanese which took me about an hour to change back to english. That was a learning too 🙂. In fact I studied all your articles and what I could get from them is that till windows 7 pressing "shift + caps lock" changes this input method but in windows 8.1 only pressing caps lock changes it. I want my caps lock back to its default functioning which is turning caps lock on.

my japanese macbook pro (late 2011) physical keyboard does not match with the on screen japanese keyboard in windows 8.1 so does caps lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.