Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stop apps perpetually reloading?

Using iPad mini, latest iOS.

How do I stop apps from reloading every time I switch between one and another? It is Very Frustrating.

Also, Safari tabs keep refreshing when I move between them too, but the apps reloading is more irritating to me, especially when (for example) I am researching a website to share on Pinterest and then I have to start the post on Pinterest all over again, or I'm looking up information before I post on Facebook and then I have to go all the way back through all the Facebook links again to find the page I was posting on.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2017 5:04 AM

That setting is purely cosmetic and has no effect.

4 replies

Mar 1, 2015 2:52 PM in response to Colocynth

Unfortunately it's a limitation of the device itself. Only 1 GB of ram, it seems Apple did not increase the ram to keep up with the other improvements. I have the same issue on my 5S. Using only safari and youtube and the same time, they will often refresh. I can be watching a YouTube video, do a little browsing on safari, and when I come back to youtube, the App will refresh and I lose my place on the video I was watching.

the only way to stop this is by getting a windows / android device with more than 1GB of ram. Last time I checked, a galaxy Note 4 can have the same webpage open for days, never reloading, even after opening tons of other apps, because the device has 3GB of RAM for multi tasking.

maybe 2015 will finally be the year we get more than 1GB of ram.

How can I stop apps perpetually reloading?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.