Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen is half normal and half darker.

The first half hour my screen is half normal and half darker. What can be the problem?

It started after a replacement of the protection screen at the Apple-dealer in Marbella.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2015 10:56 AM

Hello benvanoeteren,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like the display is not working correctly. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

Brightness or color isn't uniform

If you have an older display, before evaluating the display for uniformity in lighting or color, the display may need to warm up. Older LCD (Liquid Crystal Displays) use CCFL (Cold Cathode Florescent) backlights. This kind of lighting may require several minutes to half an hour to warm up fully.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2015 10:56 AM in response to benvanoeteren

Hello benvanoeteren,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like the display is not working correctly. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

Brightness or color isn't uniform

If you have an older display, before evaluating the display for uniformity in lighting or color, the display may need to warm up. Older LCD (Liquid Crystal Displays) use CCFL (Cold Cathode Florescent) backlights. This kind of lighting may require several minutes to half an hour to warm up fully.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Screen is half normal and half darker.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.