Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with 2007 Macbook

I have a white MacBook 2007 running Snow Leopard. The unit has been having a variety of problems that I need help with.

1. Peices of the Macbook have been flaking off, mainly the front palmrest in little strips.

2. The MacBook overheats quite often, causing the laptop to shut down randomly.

3. Rarely on startup, the MacBook freezes and displays code (Top Left) that says "debugger" with a bunch of zeroes.

4. The battery has been holding less and less battery (around 1 hour now).

5. The Optical Drive isn't reading CD's or DVD's, and on the rare occasion that it does, the whole mac freezes.

6. Whenever I hit the power button, (While On), the Mac freezes. (Even the Clock and Mouse stop)

Any help solving these issues would be greatly appreciated. I don't have enough money to get a new computer 😟

Thanks! -Luke

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 320 GB, 2.0 GHz, 2 GB RAM, White,

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 8:56 AM

2 replies

Feb 17, 2015 12:44 PM in response to Cheeseball59

Hi. You must have a major overheating problem. Tell me can you hear the fan running? When you first start it up does it run ok and then as you continue to use it ,it starts having problems? Do these two things. Pram reset. Command/Option/P/R hold down the keys while booting till you hear three chimes. Also do a SMC reset. remove power cord and battery then hold down power button for 10 seconds. Now go to your browser and download this app and install it.http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/23137/fan-control When you open it will tell you if your fan is running and at what temperature your macbook is at. If your fan is running try after shutting down to clean the back exhaust vents out.Ether with a vac or a small screw drive and not sticking way up into the vent.

Problems with 2007 Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.