Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone6 will not reconnect to my jabra cruiser

I recently upgraded my iphone5 to an iphone6. I have a jabra cruiser bluetooth device for my car. My iphone5 would reconnect to my jabra device after I pushed its connect button. I set up the cruiser in pairing mode and was able to pair it successfully with my iphone 6. After disconnecting, either by leaving the vicinity, or turning off bluetooth on my phone, I cannot reconnect by pushing the jabra connect button, as I was able to do on my iphone5. I can connect my iphone6 with the jabra device if I put it into pairing mode and then let my phone discover it. Also if I got to the bluetooth menu on my phone, I can see my jabra in my devices list.

Is this some kind of new feature, or is my iphone6 broken?

Thanks,

Rob

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 10:12 AM

9 replies

Feb 17, 2015 10:15 AM in response to rob.lapp

It sounds more like an issue with the Jabra. Is it necessary to push this connect button always? I would check with Jabra support. Since you can pair the device, it shows the Bluetooth for the phone is working properly. But the necessity to push connect, which it should do automatically, and then the need to pair again makes me wonder about the device.

Feb 17, 2015 10:24 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

This is normal behavior for the jabra cruiser. When you push the button once, quickly, it comes out of sleep mode and is ready to connect. This is how it worked perfectly for my iphone5. For my iphone6, after pushing the button to wake up the jabra, it will not connect, and eventually times out and goes back to sleep. This is what would happen with my iphone5 if bluetooth was turned off. If I select the jabra device from my devices list on my phone, while the jabra is awake but not connected, it will also not connect.

I'll see if anyone on the jabra support site is having a similar problem.

Feb 17, 2015 10:54 AM in response to rob.lapp

Okay, I understand that. However, if the device is paired, then you should connect automatically when the device is in range and you wake it up. You can try removing the device from the Bluetooth menu and then seeing if there is some type of reset on the Jabra. It may be that it is still looking for your old device if they had the same name. It may not be able to pair with more than one device and the Jabra is "confused". See if there is support information on doing a reset for the Jabra, then put it into pairing mode and pair your phone again.

Feb 18, 2015 1:29 PM in response to rob.lapp

I did the following based on Jabra's recommendation and solved my problem:

Have you tried to reset the device to original factory settings? First, go to the Bluetooth menu on your mobile device and remove the Jabra from the list of paired devices.

Once the Jabra has been removed from the Bluetooth list, follow the steps below to reset to the factory default settings:

Press and hold the Answer/End button, Volume Up button and FM button at the same time for approximately 5 seconds. Then let go the buttons to complete the reset.

iphone6 will not reconnect to my jabra cruiser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.