Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why no individual forums for common applications?

On the main Discussions page there's a forum for each OS version, and under "Applications" there's AppleWorks(!)—discontinued, iChat (is this still in distribution with new OS's?), and iCal. But none for Mail, iWork or iLife apps. Many apps span all versions of OS's. Why are there not individual forums for these?

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 9:57 AM

13 replies

Feb 17, 2015 10:52 AM in response to iXod

With all the drawbacks associated with the plethora of Products, it makes a bit of sense when one thinks about how Apple has the forums organized.

As Mail N.n.n spans all the OS X versions and "accompanied" their releases with new Mail features pretty much unannounced, it makes very good sense to pose any issue in the corresponding OS X forum. My version of Mail would not be appropriately addressed (or testable) by Yosemite or Mountain Lion users. -

See if this helps you find the "right" forum for your particular issue > SITEMAP | Apple Support Commiunities

ÇÇÇ

Feb 17, 2015 11:13 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

Well we can agree to disagree. While your complete Mail app (all the feature) will not equate directly with an earlier or later version of Mail, there are many many issues that users may share in common.

(My original question should have had the preface "Hypothetical Question"—no answer necessary.

Feb 17, 2015 11:26 AM in response to iXod

👿 Hypothetically, I disagree. There are bunches of "Mavericks" users that use Apple Mail.App - if you are a Mavericks user too, you are then in the right place for help with your specific version and its interface and features, no research necessary as you are receiving answers from experience rather than academics.

ÇÇÇ

Feb 17, 2015 11:30 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

You did not read—or did not understand—my statement: "there are many many issues that users [of all versions] may share in common". This comes from shared experience (in those common features that all versions have), not "academics".

There are more features in common across all versions than there are differences.

Feb 17, 2015 12:44 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

There are bunches of "Mavericks" users that use Apple Mail.App - if you are a [INSERT OS X HERE)

Mavericks user too, you are then in the right place for help

And what about all those other Mail users (under other versions of OS X)? They have many many problems that span all versions. I won't hear from them and read their answers, maybe the solution to my problem. Indeed, lots of discussions will probably be duplicated, needlessly.

I, too will leave it here.

why no individual forums for common applications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.