Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone bluetooth headset MA817LL/A

How can I replace the battery? Will the Apple Store service it?

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 8:59 AM

14 replies

Feb 23, 2015 10:00 AM in response to tonefox

Tonefox, you're missing the point bro. Completely missing it. Not even close. I don't care how much a Bluetooth headset costs in your village.

Apple fancies itself to be the pinnacle of not only the latest and greatest tech gear, but also the pinnacle of customer service. If I wanted dollar-store quality, I would have gone to the dollar store to start with. I don't want a "more current headset" as the "current" one isn't anymore current than the one I already have. I want Apple to stand behind its products like they say they do.

I'm fully aware that I can connect any Bluetooth headset to my phone, but I don't want to. I want to connect the one that was manufactured by Apple.

Feb 23, 2015 10:07 AM in response to lacarids

lacarids wrote:

I want Apple to stand behind its products like they say they do.

Since that device has not been sold for some time, the device probably no longer has a warranty. What is it that you are expecting them to stand behind? When a product is out of warranty and no longer manufactured and sold, I'm not sure what it is you are expecting.

If you really want to know what Apple might be able to do, then make a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service provider to have it looked at and see what they say.

I don't want a "more current headset" as the "current" one isn't anymore current than the one I already have.

I'm sorry, but that is where you are incorrect. Bluetooth technology has changed dramatically, as well as what profiles headsets support. You might want to do a little more research on your understanding of that statement.

Feb 23, 2015 11:13 AM in response to lacarids

The Apple headset stopped being produced in 2009. That's almost 6 years ago. Not sure what you expect Apple can do at this point. Its like expecting your Car dealership to service your 25 year old car for free because something in it failed. That's why warranties have reasonable expiration dates. You can't expect things to work forever or be covered for ever. At some time normal use takes it toll.

Nothing in this life lasts for ever. Bluetooth headsets are very cheap these days, but that's not to say they are of low quality. There are very high quality headsets out there. This one has had a very long life.

These headsets were not designed to have there batteries changed. so its not something you could expect to be done even when it was still under warranty, let alone 5 years later. The best you could have hoped for was to have it replaced with a new headset when it was under warrant and being produced. Now its unlikely they can do anything. They probably no longer replacement units, let alone parts for them.

Bluetooth technology has advanced considerably in 6 years. New features added, sound quality and noise filtering have been improved just to name a couple of things. Its time to get a new headset, nothing in this world lasts for ever. Your headset, has simply reached the end of its life cycle.

There are very good quality, low priced headsets available that will outdo that Apple headset in every way.

Feb 24, 2015 4:13 AM in response to Phil0124

Its like expecting your Car dealership to service your 25 year old car for free because something in it failed.

I didn't say that I want Apple to service a 25 year old headset, nor did I say that I want them to service it for free. When I take my 25 year old car to the dealer, the mechanic performs maintenance and fixes any problems--for a price.

Feb 24, 2015 7:18 AM in response to lacarids

You might want to re-read your own post. When you mention standing behind a product. The, I never said that you wanted it fixed under warranty, however that is how a company stands behind its product. I said that because it is no longer manufactured and sold, it probably can't be serviced. And to top that off, did you even bother to contact Apple, or did you just want to come here with unreasonable expectations? No one here can speak for Apple, so no one knows if they would be willing to replace the battery. Only Apple can answer that question.

As far as your reference to Phil0124, try taking that 25 year old car to the shop and finding some of the replacement parts, not that easy. And the manufacturer is not the one that is going to be able to provide them, it is other parts manufacturers and parts houses that buy out OEM stock as it is getting thrown out.

Do everyone a favor, use the Contact Us link on the bottom of the page and see if Apple can replace your battery.

iphone bluetooth headset MA817LL/A

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.