Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard goes on and off, on and off

Used wireless keyboard for several years....no problems. Current OS is Yosemite 10. All other peripherals work fine.

Problem....about every 30 seconds I lose connection. Get "connection lost" screen...and 5-10 seconds later, "connected" screen. I don't do anything but sit there..

Batteries are new and clean, etc. (The wireless trackpad works perfectly.)

Any ideas? Should I replace the keyboard?

iMac (20-inch Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 10:16 AM

4 replies

Feb 17, 2015 12:41 PM in response to Loner T

Not that I recall. This seems to be a problem since Yosemite was released. It does not discriminate between applications....it goes out in Mail or Pages, etc.indicating that the problem is not related to any particular software. I have done various tricks such as restart, etc. Strangely, it has not dropped out on this particular message. Under normal circumstances, it would probably lose connection about the word "recent" then back and out again about "tricks", and "dropped out". Bottom line....I have typed this entire reply with no drop out.

Keyboard goes on and off, on and off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.