Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Your bootable USB drive could not be created"

Hey folks,

i buyed a windows 7 home premium 64bit version and try to install it with bootcamp but it always says "Your bootable USB drive could not be created."

I tried so many things...take another usb-medium...using another usb-port...download the iso from another side instead of the link i get from the shop but i always get these message.

pls help

thx

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), late 2013

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 9:26 AM

62 replies

Feb 17, 2015 10:10 PM in response to Loner T

The USB-Flash Drive should be ok because i used it befor and it worked.

Only two thinks are different:

1. i installed yosemite new without my personal stuff

2. i took another win7-iso (but as i told this is not the problem because i used the old one i had)

Do you think i had to recover the hole system?

thanks for helping me :-)

Feb 19, 2015 12:25 PM in response to Loner T

I tried to install windows 7 before i get these issue. And it works. But there i had the problem to install Windows on a partition so i bought another version.
And know i had this problem...but not only with that...with the other one that worked before i have the same problem.

So i think that the usb is ok.

I tried to open the win7.iso and get an issue-messege....there i had the choice "do not open" or "open". I choose open and now i can open it without these message.

Maybe i had to restore it complete because last time i only install yosemite without any personal data´s?

Feb 19, 2015 1:25 PM in response to 19Andi90

If the Bootcamp Assistant also runs into the same issue as you have when manually opening the ISO, it will fail. Can you post a screen shot of the error message when you try to open the ISO. There may be a permission issue with the ISO file.

Is the User logged into the Mac and running BCA also the Administrator of the Mac?

"Your bootable USB drive could not be created"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.