Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chinese character email won't delete!

hi

got a dodgy looking Chinese (symbols) email to my iCloud email account, (on my iPad 4), so pressed edit, then selected it and pressed delete.. it then went to my trash mailbox. Now i can't open the trash on my iPad email without the mail app freezing... the suspicious email is visible there and I'm worried its some kind of virus.

Any ideas or advice on how to remove it would be great! starting to get worried!

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2015 11:52 AM

Hello, cmcpinepeaant.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you have identified a possible spam email message, deleted it and now the Mail App is unresponsive. If this is related to your iCloud account try deleting the message via a web browser. I have attached the steps on how to do that for reference. If this is not an iCloud account you may have to process the same steps via the mail provider's website. Once this is done, force the Mail App to close and test accessing mail.

iCloud: Delete email

Force an app to close in iOS

Cheers,

Jason H.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2015 11:52 AM in response to cmcpinepeaant

Hello, cmcpinepeaant.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you have identified a possible spam email message, deleted it and now the Mail App is unresponsive. If this is related to your iCloud account try deleting the message via a web browser. I have attached the steps on how to do that for reference. If this is not an iCloud account you may have to process the same steps via the mail provider's website. Once this is done, force the Mail App to close and test accessing mail.

iCloud: Delete email

Force an app to close in iOS

Cheers,

Jason H.

Mar 4, 2015 1:55 PM in response to cmcpinepeaant

I too had this problem. Each time I erased the iPad to remove the Chinese email it would reappear as soon as I opened email. The odd thing was that when I looked on my desktop PC the Chinese email was not there - somehow it comes in through the iCloud.

Solution? I erased the iPad again and this time restored using my iTunes backup, NOT iCloud.

Other than causing the iPad to lock up what is the Chinese email trying to do? Where does it come from? How much damage has it done?

Chinese character email won't delete!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.