Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you simply save a finished iMovie movie?

In the new awesome Yosemite iMovie 10.0.6. I'm trying to find out to simply save my finished project as a movie. Not to share it in email, facebook, vimeo, etc. just save it.

Secondly, where is everything now saved? Where is the folder of the movie I have created? I want to back up on another external as well as the Time Machine? The iMovie11 allowed this, though was somewhat cumbersome.

Third, how do I join all the clips once I'm done moving things around? I'd like to just make it into one big movie... is this "connect?" I can't find the info.

Thanks. I like iMovie, but every time there are now awesome, easily to use simple new changes, it's a struggle ...

Mac mini (Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Actually 10.10.2

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 10:11 AM

4 replies

Feb 17, 2015 4:39 PM in response to TuckerdogAVL

iMovie 10 is completely rewritten so its really necessary to read about the changes. The help files are at: http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.0/ (which are easier to search than using the iMovie help menu).

Both Projects and Events are now saved in libraries which are packages with the extension .imovielibrary. You can see their contents by right-clicking and selecting "Show Package Contents". The default location is in the ~/Movies folder but you can put them anywhere (unlike the Projects and Events folders of earlier versions).

To save a finished project as a movie file on your computer select File - Share -File. You will get a window her you can set quality and resolution. pressing "Next" you choose where you want to save the movie file.

Hope this helps,

Geoff.

How do you simply save a finished iMovie movie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.