Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm having problems printing from Mail in Yosemite

I'm running OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 and I'm having problems printing from Mail 8.2 to my networked Xerox Phaser 6130N. It prints some emails perfectly fine and then only prints the header and none of the message content for some other emails. It prints text format and some image mixed in emails fine. There are just a few that don't. They print when I log into icloud from the browser but that's difficult for emails that I've already pulled off the cloud. I have already removed and re-added the printer, restarted. Please help.

Mail-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 11:30 AM

9 replies

Feb 18, 2015 11:51 AM in response to WinniePoohBear

Hey there WinniePoohBear,

I understand that you are experiencing some issues with printing some emails in Yosemite. I have an article for you that will help you address this issue as a printing issue and gives some helpful troubleshooting steps for you to attempt:

Troubleshooting printer issues in OS X - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203343

Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

Feb 19, 2015 7:30 AM in response to braden85

Hi Braden,

Thanks for the new link. I reset the printing system and it still doesn't print certain emails. I noticed another detail I failed to mention. When I'm in the print dialog in Mail, the preview on the left of the window doesn't even display what should be printing regardless to the printer I select. Even when I try to pdf it, the only thing that prints is the header, but the same email will print through Safari when I go to icloud and log in that way.

Feb 23, 2015 10:30 AM in response to WinniePoohBear

WinniePoohBear wrote:

the preview on the left of the window doesn't even display what should be printing

That is the root of the problem. The printing system, for the most part, prints what is in the preview thumbnail. If it's blank, the print job will also be blank. I am not sure why those messages are showing up differently, but there may be help in the Mail forum.

I'm having problems printing from Mail in Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.