Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I the only one having issues Resound Linx?

Am I the only one having issues with my iPhone 5S and Resound Linx? Apparently it states in the brochure that it supposed to be high qualitiy sound, and work great with the iPhone. I am having issues, I have to disconnect my iPhone to accept a standard landline at home or work. Secondly it takes a few seconds to connect the ringing of the cell into the hearing aids which I either loose the call by missing it or have to connect it. It's unfortunate that Apple didn't take into consideration of having the cell ring right into a persons hearing aids like one of there competitors. Furthermore whomever wrote the brochure has clearly lied it's not true what is stated in the Resound Linx around the steaming quality, and iphone connection!!

iPhone 5, Resound Linx and iPhone

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 12:28 PM

7 replies

Feb 17, 2015 12:48 PM in response to OldGnome

Yes when the land line phone rings I have to disconnect my connection to my cell mode to answer the phone. Another issue is that it takes too long for my cell to connect to the hearing aids and I loose a few connections. The audiologist told me it would take a few seconds to connect but this is not the case, and the fact that I have to disconnect then reconnect is very frustrating.

Feb 17, 2015 12:52 PM in response to Allan Eckert

My vendor , a hearing audiologist said I'm not the first with this issue and said that Apple/Resound state nothing they can do it is how it is. Btw there is community on here with the same issues I'm having with my hearing aids and iPhone. To the person that has emailed me personally thank you. Therefore this is an Apple issue, perhaps finding a solution would suite Apple more rather than running away from it. For me this is very fustrating, and if you have a hearing disability and cant hear the cell ring or high quality sound very well this is a major issue.

Feb 17, 2015 12:53 PM in response to ginwin

I am not following why you would need to disconnect your hearing aids from your cell phone before you answer a landline phone. Are your LiNX also connected to your landline handset? If not (and it would be surprising if they were connected to your landline handset), you should be able to just ignore the iPhone and answer the landline handset.

The delay between "I want to answer my phone with my LiNX" and actually answering the phone is one reason why I opted away from the LiNX. I realize that might not be an option for you.

Feb 17, 2015 1:01 PM in response to ginwin

Given my personal experience with both the ReSound LiNX and Starkey Halos paired with my iPhone, i can confirm that the interplay between both hearing aids and the iPhone is far from perfect. However, I don't think it is more Apple's problem than it is ReSound or Starkey. Apple has developed technical and programming interfaces to work with a large universe of Bluetooth devices. Consequently, the responsibility for connecting really relies on the device manufacturers to craft devices that meet the connectivity standard as it is defined. That hearing aids experience struggles there doesn't surprise me. The miniaturization of circuitry and the functionality they can pack into very small devices is astonishing.....but also leads to compromise as any other micro-miniature device would have compromises.

My more immediate concern for you is that you have been told that you must disconnect your hearing aids from your iPhone before answering a land line handset. That doesn't sound right.

Am I the only one having issues Resound Linx?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.