Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 6 has 0 bytes of available storage no matter how much I delete from my phone

Last night I deleted over 1,000 pictures and a few apps from my phone because the storage was getting full. The amount used was around 12GB before I began deleting things. Afterward, it was down to around 11GB and seemed to acknowledge the fact that I deleted things. When I woke up this morning, I had an alert that my available storage was almost full. My used storage is back up to 12.1GB and I have 0 bytes of available storage. I tried to delete a few apps to see if the storage amount would change, and it did not.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 11:24 AM

11 replies

Apr 15, 2017 7:22 PM in response to Colorgirl2012

Yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled FB. Googled the issue and found that FB stores pages you link to ON YOUR IPHONE so you don't have to use data AGAIN if you go to view the same thing AGAIN. The problem is that it NEVER purges. Click "Settings", "General", "Storage & ICloud Usage" then "Manage Usage" to see how much memory the FB app has allocated. If its more than 200-300mb, then that's too much. When I originally had the issue and looked at mine, It was over 900mb. I also noticed the more I use FB on my IPhone, the larger the number gets from the time I un/re-installed the app. Hope this helps.

This link also explains it. You can also access FB thru a web page instead of the FB app to keep the memory issue under control. http://bgr.com/2014/11/24/facebook-iphone-app-tips-and-tricks/

Feb 18, 2015 11:50 AM in response to jennabtn

Hello jennabtn,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you need to free up some room on the iPhone. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

See how much storage you've used on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Tap Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage to see the amount of space each app and its content takes on your device.

How to delete content you've downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, or Mac App Store - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Apr 3, 2015 8:10 AM in response to jennabtn

I Was also having this problem. I have the iPhone 6 as well. I deleted most of my pictures, all of my videos, most of my apps, and it would still say I had no storage left. I turned my phone off for a few minutes and when I turned it back on, I checked my usage again and it finally showed the correct amount of bytes that I had to use and how much I've used. So just try turning your phone off for a few minutes and when you turn it back on it should be fixed.

May 6, 2015 8:06 AM in response to mario49

That is not the issue - if you read her issue, she said she had already deleted a number of items which had no effect on the storage. Asking her to go to the setting to manage the storage is entirely pointless because that clearly isn't the problem. Using a canned response when you haven't actually understood the issue isn't helpful at all.

The issue is that the phone is indicating that there are 0 bytes left of 114GB (120GB iPhone 6) even though only 60GB is actually used by media, apps, etc. This is an issue with the phone and not with us having too much data on the phone.

When I check my phone, it shows 0 bytes free and 114 used. When plugged into my computer, iTunes is telling me I have 54GB free. Both cannot be true and if you add up all of the data/apps I have, it adds up to 60GB and not 114GB. There is an issue with the way iOS is reading the remaining space.

Do you understand the issue now?

Mar 4, 2016 5:41 PM in response to jennabtn

I also had this problem. I deleted 100's of pictures and 10's of Apps and reset iCloud countless number of times.

My problem turned out to be with my GMAIL accounts in MAIL.

My problem was that GMAIL was trying to Archive messages on the iPhone.

I was also holding Deleted massages for up to a month before they were moved to Trash.

Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars >> (all gmail accounts) >> Account >> Advanced >> Move Discarded Messages Into: "Deleted Mailbox" (and not "Archive") ... also set Deleted Mailbox to "Trash" and set Archive Mailbox to "Deleted Messages"

Be sure that the deleted message are deleted after 1 day or 1 week.

Hope this helps.

Sep 7, 2016 11:20 AM in response to jennabtn

This issue can be caused by a number of factors, the device might have a conflict with a number of apps during updates that cause the storage of the device to register as 0 bytes of storage. The only sure fire way to resolve this is to back up all of your infomto iCloud or iTunes and then perform a factory restore of the phone. Via iTunes or off the settings on the phone. Then recover from the backup.

my iphone 6 has 0 bytes of available storage no matter how much I delete from my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.