Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i fitted new battery but it won't charge. when plugged into wall socket gets to itunes setup but no further. when connected to computer not enough battery to turn on to get into setup. Any ideas please?

i fitted new battery but it won't charge. when plugged into wall socket gets to itunes setup but no further. when connected to computer not enough battery to turn on to get into setup. Any ideas please?

iPhone 3GS, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 1:08 PM

4 replies

Feb 17, 2015 1:43 PM in response to turnbui

turnbui wrote:

It sounds very very much like the battery. You will need to have it replaced. If you put the failing one in yourself you will need to pay as your Warranty is now void.

Pete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.