Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a ibook g4. I just got it so i decided to install os panther and when i do it i put in the disk and press c but then it goes to a gliched out apple logo and stays there HELP?

I have a ibook g4. I just got it so i decided to install os panther and when i put the disk in and pressed c then the screen goes to a gliched out apple logo HELP?

iBook, Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 2:11 PM

3 replies

Feb 22, 2015 2:56 PM in response to gmparris

Are you referring to the Control key, as an alternative to the letter C (need not be capitalize)

or is there just a matter of miscommunication in this matter? Control key won't work...!

If you can use it, Tiger 10.4(.11) is superior even though it's said to be obsolete. Better than

Panther, and better than Leopard. But may be slow in a first edition 800MHz iBook w/o more

RAM installed or, if possible, without a legacy-type SSD for ATA/IDE computers.

And with an old computer, it may be the internal hard disk drive may be failing... 😐

I have a ibook g4. I just got it so i decided to install os panther and when i do it i put in the disk and press c but then it goes to a gliched out apple logo and stays there HELP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.