Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos deleted but iTunes still shows 2 gigs of space being used

Can anyone help me solve this issue? My iPhone is pretty close to having all its storage space used up so I'm trying to clear space. It's an iPhone 6, 16 gigs of storage, totally up to date IOS-wise.

I've imported all my photos and deleted them via iPhoto on my desktop, and yet when I go into iTunes on my desktop it's still showing that over 2 gigs of my iPhone's storage is being taken up by photos.

I've googled the issue and some people have suggested turning off "photo streams" and the various apple photo sharing options, but I've already done that and those are empty as well. So where are these mysterious 2 gigs of photos coming from that are hogging my storage space? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 3:08 PM

9 replies

Feb 17, 2015 7:17 PM in response to brarble

Do people ever send you videos and photos in Messages? If so look and see if those photos are still there. If they are delete them, or those you don't want, and see if makes any difference. Also check your email. I'm not exactly sure where video and photo attachments are stored but it could be in 'photos' but no visible from the Photos app. In the link I provide you there is a link to PhoneClean. Install it and see what it finds.

Mar 6, 2015 8:16 AM in response to iNadeem

i have done that several times now - after each attempt at using peoples suggestions.

what i've done:

- turned off 'photo stream'

- turned off 'photo sharing'

- deleted photos from 'recently deleted'

- turned off all synced photo libraries

- deleted all photos with iPhoto

- deleted all photos with imageCapture

no matter what i do i still have 17.72GB of space being taken up by 979 "photos"

photos deleted but iTunes still shows 2 gigs of space being used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.