Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

migration

I have a DELL CPU running XP and I can't get Migration Assistant to work with my new Mac (Yosemite). The Mac finds my

Dell, but the Dell just spins and spins and I get nowhere. Is it a 'workgroup' issue? Or perhaps a network name issue? Anyone succeed in this scenario?

iMac Yosemite & Windows XP

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 6:25 PM

3 replies

Feb 17, 2015 7:32 PM in response to runtime_errors

This is the best way I know of.

Take your time do not get in a hurry. it works very well but be sure to take your time. Read every thing very carefully. Most of us get in a hurry and we all seem to get in a big hurry and this will only cause more problems.

About Windows Migration Assistant - Apple Support

I almost forgot use a Ethernet cable from your PC to your Mac it works much better than Wireless.

Good Luck

Don

Feb 21, 2015 3:41 AM in response to Allan Eckert

Hey Allen,

I have XP SP 3 and have always had auto updates turned on, so I have to assume the machine is up to date. Of course to attempt the migration I disabled auto updates, etc. I haven't had the time to try other options (work in the way). My son did the migration with his machine a year or so back with zero issues. Any ideas? Thanks

migration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.