Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Long time to create document on Pages

Ipad mini. iOS 8.1.3 Memory: 8.9GB available

Pages 2.5.2

I make copies of my documents from the pages app by emailing it to one of my email accounts for safe keeping in case I delete or something happens to the app or my ipad. Recently I have tried making a copy of a document and was trying to convert it to a word document before I email it, using the feature in the pages app. For some reason, I would not complete the conversion and would be stuck on the "creating document" pop up, making me cancel it and trying again. I waited about 3 minutes for it to convert and I figured something must be wrong. I have converted and emailed about 5 other documents just before I tried attempting this one. The document I am trying to convert is pretty big. It has about 80,000 words in it. It is 970kb when converted to a pdf format. Is this file to big to be converted as a word document? Could that be the reason why it seems to be getting stuck or taking a very long time to convert?

I am able to convert the big document into pdf but I would like to have it as a word document. Not a must have but it would be really nice.

I do not have pages on a computer. I do not have iTunes on a computer either. Last time I put iTunes on a computer was a windows 7 and it messed the computer up so I had to uninstall it. I now have a windows 8 computer and am not planning on installing iTunes on it. I backup my documents by emailing them to myself as word documents and pdf and then putting them on a flashdrive as a backup to the backup.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 7:53 PM

There are no replies.

Long time to create document on Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.