Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to move iMovie project from one computer to another

I have been working on an iMovie 09 project on my desktop at home.

Now I want to work on the same project on my computer at work.

How can I move the project from one computer to another? What I've already tried was to make a duplicate copy of the project and then use a thumb drive to move that to another computer. It didn't work.

Thanks for your help.

Mac OS X (10.6.8), Memory: 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 7:22 PM

1 reply

Feb 19, 2015 6:56 AM in response to James Snedeker

Hello James Snedeker,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you want to move a file to another disk. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

iMovie: How to Save Projects to Another Hard Disk

To copy an iMovie project to another disk:

1. Quit iMovie if it is open.

2. Locate the project folder in the Finder.

3. Drag the project folder to the other disk.

Note: You must move the complete project folder, intact, to the other disk in order to successfully copy the project. The project folder has the same name as the project listed in the iMovie window. This folder includes the iMovie project file, as well as a Media folder, which contains all of the clips associated with this project. If you don't copy all of these items, the project may no longer be readable in iMovie.
Once you have copied the project, try opening it in iMovie to ensure that it copied to the other disk successfully.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

how to move iMovie project from one computer to another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.