Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing from Mac Book Pro to windows printer Error 306

Error 306

I tried several setups before I figured this out.

Trying to print to windows printer

Mac Book Pro / Canon MX 870 resulted in print error 306.

Home network with Linksys wireless N router

First delete the printer on the Mac.

Make sure you go to Canon's website and download latest driver for your Mac. Canon's software driver site detects your operating system automatically and takes you to the driver you need, just make sure everything matches up. You can see the OS version you are using by clicking on the apple icon and then (about this mac)

I also down loaded network tool package. Not sure if you need it, but I loaded it too.

Now on the Canon MX870, go to the wireless set up menu. (key pad on the printer itself). Follow the promts and you will get to where you can enter your network password and get your printer to connect to your router. Now the wireless Icon on the printer will be on steady.

Now back on the Mac, Click the Apple Icon, System Preferences, then click on printers and scanners.

You will see, Default- Scanner- IP- Windows, icons at the top of the page. Just be sure the default is highlighted.

My Scanner came up first, then a few seconds later the printer appeared.

Select the printer

Use the one with all the numbers after the printer name. (MX870xxxxxxxxxxx)

Canon U Network

Click on it and then click the add button bottom right

Make sure your are always in good wireless signal strength throughout the entire process.

Hope this helps.

Lou

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Canon MX870

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 9:43 PM

1 reply

Printing from Mac Book Pro to windows printer Error 306

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.