Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot save a Slideshow

Hello, I have iPhoto 9.6. I cannot get a Slideshow to Export. I have selected the Slideshow in bottom of Right Column. i choose the Export button on bottom tool bar. A box appears to choose size and whether to send to iPhoto. I choose 480p. Click on Export. A dialog box comes up with IPhoto Slideshows selected (but there is nothing showing in that folder. I assume that is where the file is to be saved. I click OK. A box appears and says Exporting Slideshow. It disappears after about one second, and I have nothing to show for it. Please help. I am trying to put together a slideshow for a memorial service, and I can't figure out what is wrong? I can save files everywhere else, but for some reason I can't save this Slideshow. Thanks in advance. Roy

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 9:38 PM

1 reply

Feb 17, 2015 10:23 PM in response to Roy Wylie

Many folks have fixed this with a simple reinstall of the app:

To re-install iPhoto

1. Put the iPhoto.app in the trash (Drag it from your Applications Folder to the trash)

2. Download it from the App Store to reinstall It's on your Purchases List* there.

*Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

Cannot save a Slideshow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.