Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what happened to one click to advance slides in 6.5.2?

I have always used Keynote for the past few years to import QT films in an order for awards screen content with a cross dissolve in between each slide i.e.:

3 nominations then a winner screen - all of which are QT films exported from FCPX.

Now I have 6.5.2 in Yosomite and for some reason I'm having to double click to make the next screen play when i only used to click once?

When i click once i get a still of the next film then i have to click again to make it play???? - in previous versions of Keynote when i click once the next film automatically plays after dissolving form the previous one with one click.......Can anyone help?

Posted on Feb 18, 2015 3:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2015 6:40 AM

select the video on the slide

Inspector > Format > Movie > at the bottom of the panel, deselect "Start Movie on click"

you need to do this for every video on each slide

6 replies

Feb 24, 2015 3:19 PM in response to Allister Gourlay

Is this something about build order?

Do you have other objects on the slide? If there is only the video on the slide then deselecting movie on click in the Inspector > Format > Movie is all you need

Try a test on a blank presentation, add two slides and add a video to each.

Deselect movie on click in the Inspector > Format > Movie

Test playback by using mouse or spacebar.

what happened to one click to advance slides in 6.5.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.