Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rental movie from iTunes will not download, have plenty of storage on iPad

Rental movie from iTunes will not download, have plenty of storage on iPad?

iPad, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 18, 2015 5:16 AM

1 reply

Feb 19, 2015 8:11 AM in response to DBLEEGL

Hello DBLEEGL,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you rented a movie from the iTunes Store and cannot get it to download on your iPad. I would first suggest reading over the attached article to make sure the download/sync is set up as suggested. If the issue continues, please let me know if the movie was rented on your iPad or from iTunes on your computer.

About renting movies from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Watch rented movies

Watch movies on the following devices:

• A Mac or PC.
  • An iPhone, iPad, iPod touch (with iOS 3.1.3 or later).
  • An iPod classic or iPod nano (3rd, 4th, or 5th generation).
  • A TV through Apple TV.

If you rented the movie on your computer, but want to watch it on an iOS device, connect the devices and sync using USB. When you move a rented movie from your computer, it will disappear from your computer’s iTunes library. You can move the movie between devices as often as you want, but you can only have it on one device at a time.

If you rented the movie on your iOS device or Apple TV, you can’t move it to any other device.

To watch an HD movie, you need to play it on a supported device: your computer, iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or TV using Apple TV.

You can also stream a rented movie from your computer or your iOS device to your Apple TV using AirPlayafter it’s fully downloaded.

Have a great day,

Joe

Rental movie from iTunes will not download, have plenty of storage on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.