Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP7 on Yosemite: A/V sync trouble

First thing, I'm sorry for my English, it's really awful. I'll try to do my best.

I'm a video editor.

I recently had to buy a new iMac 27inch (OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 - 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7 - RAM 16 GB - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096MB).

Usually I work on FCP7, but on this new machine I have encountered an unusual problem when I try to do A/V sync.

If i put in sync audio and video "on the clapperboard", at the beginning of the clip, in the space of a few minutes the clip go out of sync, considerably.

With Premiere Pro (using same files, audio and video) I don't have this problem. And, obviously, this problem does not exists on my old Mac with old OS.

Why?

Someone can help me?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 18, 2015 6:56 AM

10 replies

Feb 18, 2015 8:58 AM in response to Le bricoleur

Other than to point out that the new OS doesn't support FCP 7...nor did the previous one (FCP 7 was discontinued 4 years ago)...I can't really say. FCP 7 was not taken into account at all when the new OS was written. IN fact, Apple is moving away from Quicktime...the core of FCP 7...and moving towards AV Foundation...the core of FCX. The professional level, fully featured version of QT, Quicktime 7, isn't included with Mavericks nor Yosemite...only the stripped down, feature lacking QTX.

FCP 7...lacking the core of it's being, QT 7...might not function properly.

So if you are going to continue to use FCP 7, I suggest keeping that older computer running the older OS. If you need to get new computers with newer OS versions, then you need to keep your eye on the crop of current editing apps that work with them.

FCP7 on Yosemite: A/V sync trouble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.