Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

flashing error codes

I have an older cinema display and am bringing it out of retirement. When I connected to the computer I get the notorious short-long-short flashes. and, of course, the display remains dark. As I recall when I used this monitor previously, I had the same problem but It was fixable by following a specific sequence for connecting. I have researched trying to find the definition of the error code -- supposedly contianed in artnum=88366 but cannot for the life of me figure out how to get this document. I am very new to this, so ANY help will be appreciated. Jack

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 18, 2015 10:32 AM

2 replies

Feb 18, 2015 6:52 PM in response to Niel

Thanks for the info. My flash sequence was short,long,short. As i said, a few years ago there was a sequence that corrected the problem. After some experimenting, I found it. When both computer and display are connected, I turned on the computer. I got the short,long,short seauence. I then removed the power cord from the brick and then reconnected it. The display worked. This is as I remember. Ohters with a similar problem might try this. Thanks for your help, Jack

flashing error codes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.